The Maintenance Strategy is a set of measurable elements and sustaining processes which cost-effectively support operations and maintenance teams as an integral part of an Operational Integrity Management System.
The Maintenance Management Philosophy is designed to implement overall maintenance objectives and is presented as a series of working methods and processes under the following guidelines:
A structured approach to maintenance shall be adopted, based upon the most effective use of condition based, planned preventive and corrective maintenance techniques. The assessment of equipment criticality based on safety, environmental and commercial criteria, is fundamental to this approach.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clearly defined roles and responsibilities, authorities and relationships shall be developed and implemented for all personnel involved in maintenance activities. However, appropriately flexible working principles shall be encouraged to improve the integration of maintenance and production tasks, and to make the most effective use of available equipment.
Good working relationships and effective communication shall be promoted between all sites and groups involved in maintenance activities.
Maintenance philosophies and strategies will be developed to address three key elements:
• Integrity of plant and equipment
• Availability of plant and equipment to achieve minimum production downtime
• Efficient employment of resources and materials
What we can do for you ?
• Develop holistic Maintenance Strategies based on ISO55000 with multiple elements (Leadership, maintenance, reliability, contractor management, data management and performance management)
• Develop and implement Client specific maintenance and reliability work processes including roles and responsibilities
• KPI’s – Key performance Indicators measurement including the supporting metrics and calculations
• Implementation of “Lean” methodologies including SIPOC and Kaizan
A client was in the fourth quartile for their maintenance operational expenses. By overhauling the maintenance process and implementing a holistic maintenance strategy, operational expenses were reduced by ~$2/bbl. The efficiency of the maintenance staff and contractors was improved significantly and the cycle time for various activities was reduced. Following the steps detailed in the maintenance strategy yielded continuous improvement in the different steps shown in the cycle:
• Optimized maintenance activities
• Improved maintenance efficiency
• Optimized manpower levels
• Improved equipment reliability and availability
• Optimized cost management
• Engaged and effective workforce